Laminate floors are made from fiber core boards (wood) that are laminated together through heat. The wood contains a photographic print layer as well as melamine ‘risen’. This makes it shiny. If you have laminate flooring in your home, there are some things you should know about your floor type. This includes things you should do and things you should never do.
Do’s of Laminate Flooring
- Do purchase a steam mop for cleaning. Steam mops not only safely clean your floor they also sanitize them without using any detergents or chemicals. The cleaning and sanitizing is done by steam. Invest in one of the best steam mops for laminate
- Do use only damp rags and not soaking wet ones to clean.
- Do clean up stains immediately. Like most floorings, laminate retains stains easily. Apart from stains, there are those areas that are very hard to clean due to the corners in houses. For this reason, most people with this type of floors make use of steam mops.
- Do us only light detergents if you must use at all.
- Do place mats under furniture and items that can scratch the flooring.
Don’ts of Laminate Flooring
- Do not let puddles of water sit too long. Wipe them up immediately as they can damage your flooring.
- Do not use too much water to clean.
- Do not use harsh detergents, abrasives or chemicals on your laminate floors. They can injure your floors.
- Do not use any cleaner that is to make the floor shine. Most of them use wax and ax is hard to clean off.
- Do not use any cleaning items that can scratch your floors.
Laminate flooring can be beautiful if used well. Ensure that you follow these tips if you want your floors to last longer. As a helpful bonus, check out our list of tried and tested steam mops for laminate floors.