What Are Steam Mops?
Steam mops are mops powered by electricity. Rather than the traditional, bucket approach, steam clean using steam. This is done in a simple way. The hot steam dislodges the dirt from the floors and is swept up by the mop pads. The mop releases steam continuously and cleans up the dislodged dirt. Good steam mops do not need any chemicals or detergent. The power of the steam is strong enough to clean stains.
If you have a laminate floor, make sure to invest in one of the best steam mops for laminate floors. If you have one, there are some tips you should know. These tips, if followed, will make your steam mops last longer. There is no sense in buying this appliance and cutting its lifespan short due to manhandling.
5 Tips to Ensure Your Steam Mop Lives Long
- Use clean water: For your steam mops, use only clean distilled water or any other water you are sure is clean and free r particles that can clog your mop.
- Fill in the right amount of water: All the mops have the maximum amount water that can be inputted. However, even after you put in the maximum amount, there is still space. This does not make it okay for you to overfill. The mop uses steam which means that the water is heated. The extra space is so that it boils well. To ensure you are not refilling water after every five minutes, put the maximum amount of water required.
- Care for the reusable pads- The reusable pads should be washed after each use. If your pad is worn out, replace it. If you use a bad pad, your floors won’t come out as clean.
- Store in a cool and dry place: After use, keep your steam mop in a proper place to avoid damage. Do not store in a wet place or in a place where the mop can be hit directly by sunlight.
- My friend Jacob Nolan Editor of kitchengearreviews.com says- Before use, make sure to read the manufacturers manual. The manual may have helpful tips that you should know in order to enjoy your purchase.