What is Flat Tootsies?
Flat foot is a postural defect whereby the arches of the foot collapse. If you place your feet on the grounds, you will note that not every part of your feet touches the ground. This is because your feet’s arches elevate the front and back of your feet so that the middle is somewhat elevated. When those arches crash or collapse, every part of the sole of your feet will touch the ground.
Luckily, this condition can be remedied. Here are five exercises you can do to fix the low tootsies condition.
Five Exercises That Can Fix Low Feet
- Heel stretches- Do this exercise 4 times on each side and hold the position for thirty seconds at a go.
- Tennis/golf ball rolls- Do this exercise for 2-3 minutes on each foot.
- Arch lifts- Do this exercise in 3 sets each lasting 10-15 seconds.
- Calf raises- Do this exercise in 2-3 sets and repeat 20 times.
- Stair arch raises- Do this exercise in 3 sets each lasting 10-15 seconds.
- Towel curls- Use a firm towel and do this exercise in 3 sets each lasting 10-15 seconds.
- Toe raises- Hold each toe in position for about five seconds. Work on each toe separately. Repeat for 5-10 times.
Apart from surgery, there are some other methods you can use to build your arches and fix your condition. If you play soccer, do not ply with normal boots. Check out the best soccer cleats for flat feet. These cleats will offer you support during the sport. If your low Feet condition is caused by injury, you may need physical therapy to help build up your fallen arches.
Note that whether you choose physical therapy or you choose to engage in exercises, you are not likely to see changes immediately. To see change, you have to be consistent. Missing a day of exercise can destroy a lot of work. It may be tedious, but it is worth it.