Research shows that it is necessary for pregnant women to consume increased levels of calories as well up to 20% to 35% increased levels of proteins; that is 110 grams of protein daily. If your diet does not contain this, it can be dangerous for your health as well as that of your baby’s. Because it is not that easy to incorporate this into your diet, Obstetricians and Gynecologists worldwide are recommending protein powders for pregnant and even breastfeeding women.
Here are some benefits of protein powder during pregnancy:
- Some protein shakes combat stretch marks- Some protein powders for pregnancy have recipes than containing ingredients that naturally battle stretch marks. Stretch marks occur naturally as a result of skin expansion. However, some of these shakes replenish the skin and reduce or totally eliminate the stretch marks.
- They ensure your body gets the needed levels of protein- Protein is very necessary for both mother and baby. Taking these powders means you no longer have to bother about having lacking protein levels.
- Protein powders can be yummy and healthy treats- Protein powders come in many forms. There are chocolate flavors as well as other flavors that taste wonderful even when taken alone.
- They give other nutrients- Protein powders are not only made of protein. These powders are made of other nutrients that are also great for your health and your baby’s.
- They help with weight-loss- Some powders aid metabolism and weight loss especially for breastfeeding mothers. They give your baby the necessary nutrients and help you shed weight.
- Protein powders can be added to foods- These powders can be conveniently added to your food recipes. You can add them to your sauces, baked goodies, and even smoothies and shakes.
Over all, protein shakes have been proven to be safe. To be sure you are getting the best for yourself and your baby, pick one of our best protein powders for pregnancy. However, it is always best to discuss with your Obstetrician or Gynecologist if you are unsure.